Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Just

January 20, 2015 self-acceptance 17-mile meditative runs,”Divide a piece of paper into two columns. In one column, write down all the things you like about yourself; your personal strengths, difficult situations you have overcome, people whose lives you have touched, personal accomplishments, and values that increase your self-respect. On the other side, make a list of your personal weaknesses or issues that you still struggle with, Perhaps you are selfish, sometimes, or avoid taking responsibility. You may have treated other people in a careless way, or not followed through on your commitments. Disorganization and lack of self-control may have cost you opportunities - you may feel lonely, or heavier than you would like to be. Whatever these issues are, bring them out into the light of day, and they will automatically feel less shameful. At the end of the exercise, read both the strengths and the weaknesses column aloud. Next, put your hand on your heart and say "I am strong; I am weak. I am flawed; I am broken. I am vulnerable. I am human. In addition, despite these flaws, I give myself permission to love myself unconditionally. I am a growing, evolving being, who uses past mistakes as a fuel for my journey of growth. I accept myself as I am, and I set an intention to become the person I want to be."

 Melanie Greenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment